Skype for Business on Mac is now Available!

Microsoft

Great News!

On October 27, 2016, Microsoft made the all new Skype for Business on Mac client generally available for download

I've posted a blog with more information in our Product Updates - have a look!

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Full-Circle-Product-Updates/Skype-for-Business-on-Mac-is-now-...

10 Replies

Note: Everything does not work out of the box :'( 

Here hoping the channels to report faults is open for this release,

for now it's back to Lync 2011 on  Skype 2013 hosted environment... :'(

I don't want to troll on the this thread, so I will post my details in a seperate thread once I have been able to get to the bottom on all the updated requirements to make the Mac clients work OOB. I am just surprised enterprise dailing is faulty, "The operaion couldn't be completed.(Model.CallError error 0.)"

Hi Jaco,

Can you elaborate on what specifically is not working for you?

Also, have you checked out the Known Issues list?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Known-issues-Skype-for-Business-on-Mac-494ac5d5-50be-4aa7-8...

Yes very interested in learning what is not working.

Please note if you were previously in the Insider Fast/Slow program and you download the full GA installer from Download Center without opting out of the Insider Fast/Slow program the Microsoft Auto Update (MAU) service will move you back to Insider Fast/Slow builds. Opting out of Insider Fast/Slow will stop MAU from moving you back to Insider Fast/Slow.

Do we need to keep users on the Insider Fast/Slow in order to stay current with S4B updates after this one? It woud be great if someone could clarify the office insider relationship to S4B. I assume we need to have people opt into fast in order to the the corresponding Outlook update to support the new client? Can we then opt out again?

Laurie's blog post goes further than just Insider Fast/Slow: 

"If you were in the TAP or Preview program and you choose to download the full GA installer from the Download center without opting out of TAP or Preview the MAU update service will move you back to the TAP or Preview program. "

How do we opt out of the Preview?  When I go to skypepreview.com, the Mac Client is no longer listed. 

Are we going to be able to screen share directly from an IM conversation in a future update?

Also, what about the ability to hide offline contacts?

Also unable to send files in an IM conversation

On my tenant, we use MFA in coordination with RSA tokens. Ive tested with 10 users, all 10 of us were not able to login as once we got to the RSA authentication screen it would say "Authentication failed" ; After further review, its like SFB "broke" our tokencodes, and only after redistributing RSA tokens, could the users log in. This is a major issue for us and I cannot roll this out company wide yet, unless i wish to redistribute over 1000 tokens.

Hi Dale.  You don't need to reinstall SFB.  

In SFB, click on Help and Check for Updates.  In the Microsoft AutoUpdate dialog, uncheck the "Join the Insiders Program" box.  This will remove you from the Preview program.  In the future update, you will only receive the production updates.