SOLVED

Skype for Business Network Assessment Tool & network 52.114.*.*

Steel Contributor

The document - Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges lists IP addresses used by the Skype for Business Service. Running the Skype for Business Network Assessment Tool fails on a range of addresses that are not mentioned in that document - is there an updated version of the tool available ?

Please check if IP 52.114.6.0 is reachable using UDP on Port 3478
Please check if IP 52.114.14.0 is reachable using UDP on Port 3478
Please check if IP 52.114.76.1 is reachable using UDP on Port 3478
Please check if IP 52.114.74.3 is reachable using UDP on Port 3478
Please check if IP 52.114.142.1 is reachable using UDP on Port 3478
Please check if IP 52.114.158.13 is reachable using UDP on Port 3478
Please ensure your firewall allows connections to the following domains: *.cc.skype.com
Verifications failed.

Ian

14 Replies
best response confirmed by Thomas Binder (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Ian Moran,

52.112.0.0/14 is listed on Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges. This range goes from 52.112.0.1 - 52.115.255.254 and includes the IP addresses you asked below (I used this subnet calculator).

hth,

thomas 

Ah of course, thanks Thomas.

That same range is failing from several locations/tenants here in the UK where the firewalls have been configured to allow connections to all destinations on UDP 3478, 3479, 3480 & 3481

Everything appears to be working but on one site we were having intermittent issues with screen sharing

I can confirm that they are failing for me as well. I will follow up with the team.

@Ian Moran, thanks for reporting the issue, we are working to fix it.

@Ian Moran, thanks again for reporting. The issue should now be resolved and you should not see these errors anymore. I hope this did not cause too much inconvenience. 

Excellent, thanks Thomas, can confirm the tool is now working as expected.

As to our specific issue with screen sharing this was down to the Fortigate firewalls using SSL inspection for the Skype packets. Fixed by creating a policy to ignore this for the destination networks mentioned in the document referenced in this discussion.

Hi @Thomas Binder,

I have the same problem with the IP addresses and blocked connections in Microsoft Teams.

I can not follow your answer, If i check the ip calculator I see not the range 52.112.0.1 - 52.115.255.254

Maybe you can tell me more details about the ip range.

regards,

Martin

@Martin Alter, which IP address do you see blocked or not listed?

@Thomas Binder I see some IPs from range 52.114.*.*. 

@Martin Alter, you need to use14 as the "mask bits":

subnets.PNG

Thank's, I found the error and the missmatch in the firewall. And sorry for the confusion with the mask of IP address!

@Thomas Binder  Hi Thomas. Can you share about this issue for us?  We still have the same problem when use Network Testing Companion Tools.

Hi lan. Can you share us more information about how you fixed this issue?
We also use Fortigate Firewall..... Thanks
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Thomas Binder (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Ian Moran,

52.112.0.0/14 is listed on Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges. This range goes from 52.112.0.1 - 52.115.255.254 and includes the IP addresses you asked below (I used this subnet calculator).

hth,

thomas 

View solution in original post