Skype for Business messaging skype user

Deleted
Not applicable

I know there has been a lot of discussion about this issue across the web and it seems to be one that from my experience Microsoft cant seem to solve. Between not being able to recieve invites between the two or showing as presence unknow or offline when the user is signed in on the laptop next to me. Anyone else having issues communicating externally and any suggesstions? Ive spent several hours on the phone with Skype for Business support who told me I just have to wait and the invite/messages would eventually get there, but in the business world you cant expect clients to wait for a message to arrive days later. 

5 Replies
I have the same experience. Currently it looks like that it works only if the Skype users login with Microsoft account instead of Skype name.

Yeah I did not seem to have any issues when I logged into skype from my outlook account. But when I create a summy account or have a user create and log in with a abstergoex4.com or starlabs.fr they have a difficult time messaging me and even adding me. I began testing this on a wednesday and sent myself a request and it arrived yesterday to my Skype for Business acount. The worst part besides the 5 day wait is even after I accepted the request it still showed afterwards the presence was unknown. This is a huge problem becuase the majority of the people I communicate with skype have non-business accounts and I dont want to have to set up tons of accounts to deply to users. I wish they would make some improvements on this problem. 

Microsoft had changed something recently: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3163048?sd=rss&spid=17514

The described problem has been fixed, but not the requirement to use Microsoft accounts at the consumer end. :(

Seems to be difficult...

After telling users they could communicate with non-business Skype users, I found out the hard way regarding this issue.  

While troubleshooting with my HelpDesk associate, at best, I was able to have the Skype for Business user (him) call the Skype user (me) by adding me from the Skype Directory.  But I could not call the Skype for Business user and the request for contact didn't work in either direction.

Even though my Skype ID is a gmail address, I believe it is associated with my microsoft account.  I'm not certain that this issue is being close to resolved.  Any other updates?

This really annoying, in the business world we cant force an external client to register for Microsoft Client. Microsoft should have worked out a way to tag a Microsoft ID or allow SfB to Skype conversation.

I am sure the help is on the way and we must wait out this painful period. Till then SfB is only useful within the company directory.