2Edge
2 MediationServer
2 web app
2 SQL always on

We use pureip for the gateway and sit web services behind a load balancer
All other services use Microsoft recommended DNS load balancing

I installed the July CU 10 last week all went well and all DB updates done
We rebooted all severs and everything came back online
Next days polycom vvx users started to report transfers of incoming PSTN calls not working.

We tested the senators and found PSTN calls inbound would reach polycom and could be answered, the use would hit transfer and dial either an internal extension or another PSTN.
Immediately phone would say transfer failed.
Caller would be put on hold and when users resumes call there would be one way audio.
Caller could here user but user could here caller

Transfers would work fine from Skype client and mobile app and hold was fine also.

Thanks
7 Replies

@Techdemonsuk 

About the same problem here since CU 10.

Internal transfer coming from internal working on Polycom VVX.

Internal transfer coming from external failed on Polycom VVX.

Internal transfer coming from external on SfB Client (When VVX Unpaired) is working.

Updated Software version on VVX 501 to last.

Updated btoe connector to last.

No change.

Think we have figured this out the candidate list that’s sent out to remote party has an ipv4 address range in it that is used by the caller
Our mediation server and edge server all have 3 nics
1x fe
1xbe
1x management
We have local persistent routes to correctly route the traffic out of the nic with default gateway
Problem is Skype ignores this and because the management nic also is route able it adds this address range to the candidate list.
Problem occurs as the management range is 192.168.30.0
When you try and transfer the local Skype client sees the candidate list and this I have a local route and tears down the transfer.

We now need to figure how to get the management range out of the advertised candidate list.

@Techdemonsuk 

It is now under investigation by Microsoft at least:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4518475/polycom-vvx-series-call-features-fail-after-july-20...

I have the same kind of message from SfB:

(SIPStack,CCryptoServiceCng::GenerateAndCompareHash:CryptoService.cpp(2637)) ( 0000001AB9AFB5D0 ) Exit - hash doesn't match. Returned 0xC3E93C14(SIPPROXY_E_SIGNATURE_INVALID)

(SIPStack,CCryptoServiceCng::HashAndCompare:CryptoService.cpp(2566)) ( 0000001AB9AFB5D0 ) Exit. Returned 0xC3E93C14(SIPPROXY_E_SIGNATURE_INVALID)

(SIPStack,CCryptoModule::RouteCryptoHashAndCompare:CryptoModule.cpp(914)) ( 0000001AB8154770 ) Exit - verify failed. Returned 0xC3E93C14(SIPPROXY_E_SIGNATURE_INVALID)

(SIPStack,CSIPRequest::ValidateRouteHeaders:SIPRequest.cpp(7093)) ( 0000001AB902E250 ) Exit - route set signature is invalid. Returned 0xC3E93C14(SIPPROXY_E_SIGNATURE_INVALID)

(SIPStack,CSIPRequest::VerifyIncomingRouteHeaders:SIPRequest.cpp(2302)) ( 0000001AB902E250 ) Failed validating route headers

So something is dodgy between SfB and Polycom VVX since CU10...

@Techdemonsuk 

Also now listed as a known issue in the main KB for downloading the update installer at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3061064/updates-for-skype-for-business-server-2015.

@patrick1900 indeed it is.  Thanks for the notification post.  CU10HF1 should take care of the issue (I've tested and confirmed it did in my lab).  If there are additional issues post install, we recommend opening a support request with Microsoft Support.