Skype For Business Broadcast message

Copper Contributor

Hi

Is it possible to send out a message to my whole organisation.  Basically I want to alert users of any system downtime etc. We have around 6000 users in the organisation.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies

Its not possible as far as i know. You can send a message to a group of contacts, but thats limited to 250 users i think. At least thats the limit for how many users you have in your list.

I don't know of an option to do this in Skype for Business other than selecting groups and sending messages to them (this will take time to send out a message to thousands of users). Our previous IM system had such feature (XMPP based) and after moving to Skype we have used an option of our mobile carrier to send out SMS to all our users. We have also setup a warning message on the home page of our intranet and instructed users to go there to check about the problems. But yeah, when some system is down we are still barraged with calls.. Having some sort of broadcast message in Skype would be helpful. Unless Office 365 system goes down :)