Skype for Business 2015 On Prem Issues

Copper Contributor

We have recently implemented Skype For Business Server 2015 and are migrating from Lync 2010. We have migrated around 150 users to SFB 2015 and have noticed the below issues. I have raised these with MS Support but wanted to know if these are unique to our deployment or known issues that anyone else has experienced.

1) On an iOS device externally when in a peer to peer video call you are unable to add a third person. An error is displayed stating unable to the add the user. The Workaround for this is using the Meet Now option within the App which allows more than 2 users to be added. We also get the same behavior on the Android app

2) We don't receive any notifications on iOS. My understanding is this should use the background voip sockets and not require push notifications via lync online? 

3) On both iOS and Android when the phone is locked and a message is sent to the user the sending user receives the message "This message wasn't sent to username" although the message is normally delivered in the background on the device. I have read that this could be the expected behavior if the message isn't read within a certain time 30-60 seconds on the mobile device.

4) When using a windows client and connecting to the Edge servers a prompt is displayed stating that "Exchange Needs Your Credentials" I believe this is due to us using Exchange 2010 which can't be fully integrated with SFB 2015?

Thanks

Mark

3 Replies

Hi Mark,

1) On an iOS device externally when in a peer to peer video call you are unable to add a third person. An error is displayed stating unable to the add the user. The Workaround for this is using the Meet Now option within the App which allows more than 2 users to be added. We also get the same behavior on the Android app

A) Check your conference policy setting in skype control panel, maybe the policy restricts only peer to peer.

2) We don't receive any notifications on iOS. My understanding is this should use the background voip sockets and not require push notifications via lync online? 

A) Correct, check if latest CU are installed on SFB Server, also check settings on your Phone for background refresh

Check also if Set-CsPlatformServiceSettings -UseLegacyPushNotifications $True is enabled.

3) On both iOS and Android when the phone is locked and a message is sent to the user the sending user receives the message "This message wasn't sent to username" although the message is normally delivered in the background on the device. I have read that this could be the expected behavior if the message isn't read within a certain time 30-60 seconds on the mobile device.

A) Also check if background refresh is enabled

4) When using a windows client and connecting to the Edge servers a prompt is displayed stating that "Exchange Needs Your Credentials" I believe this is due to us using Exchange 2010 which can't be fully integrated with SFB 2015?

A) If your username and or password is different with Skype than Exchange you get this prompt mostly. 

Greetings,

Erdem

Erdem, thanks for the below responses.

The default conference policy is assigned to the users which has the below setting which I assume is sufficient.

MaxMeetingSize: 250

Identity : Global
AllowIPAudio : True
AllowIPVideo : True
AllowMultiView : True
Description :
AllowParticipantControl : True
AllowAnnotations : True
DisablePowerPointAnnotations : False
AllowUserToScheduleMeetingsWithAppSharing : True
ApplicationSharingMode : VideoWithFallback
AllowNonEnterpriseVoiceUsersToDialOut : False
AllowAnonymousUsersToDialOut : False
AllowAnonymousParticipantsInMeetings : True
AllowFederatedParticipantJoinAsSameEnterprise : False
AllowExternalUsersToSaveContent : True
AllowExternalUserControl : False
AllowExternalUsersToRecordMeeting : False
AllowPolls : True
AllowSharedNotes : True
AllowQandA : True
AllowOfficeContent : True
EnableDialInConferencing : False
EnableAppDesktopSharing : Desktop
AllowConferenceRecording : False
EnableP2PRecording : False
EnableFileTransfer : True
EnableP2PFileTransfer : True
EnableP2PVideo : True
AllowLargeMeetings : False
EnableOnlineMeetingPromptForLyncResources : False
EnableDataCollaboration : True
MaxVideoConferenceResolution : VGA
MaxMeetingSize : 250
AudioBitRateKb : 200
VideoBitRateKb : 50000
AppSharingBitRateKb : 50000
FileTransferBitRateKb : 50000
TotalReceiveVideoBitRateKb : 50000
EnableMultiViewJoin : True
EnableReliableConferenceDeletion : True

We have the May CU installed which I believe is the latest.

UseLegacyPushNotifications was set to $False so I will test this as $true. Background notifications are enabled on both iOS and Android.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark - for 4) this error may be caused by your Exchange not being accessible from outside your corporate network, whereas SFB is when using the edge servers.
If you connect to the VPN to access Exchange, does the error go away? (assuming Exchange isn't publicly accessible)