SfB Online/PowerBI?

Iron Contributor

Is there any existing integration or visibility between SfB Online components (CQD?) and PowerBI, or is that on the roadmap?  I've seen a few uses of PowerBI reaching into a prem SfB db, but nothing for a pure Online deployment.    

5 Replies

+1 on that. With the old powershell cmdlets/reporting webservices being deprecated now, we desperately need new ways to get the data out. PowerBI, API access, new cmdlets, whatever, just give us something! :)

This might not be the most elegant way to pull the raw data currently.  However I have been helping customers write powershell scripts (wrappers) using Get-CsUserSession.

Yes, Get-CsUserSession is cool, but requires GA permissions (well, or SfBO Admin ones), which is a problem.

I've seen some similar scripts, but I'm really looking for a way to leverage BI to get a high-level view of stats/trends; we have 18 sites and it'd be great to even see MOS scores in aggregate per site in realtime, etc.  I know the data's there, it's just a matter of letting MS's own platforms access it.

@Justin Kingstonyes yes yes.... i have been wondering the same thing, I would also like something available to show when 365 is having issues of its own so that we can show that any factors to down time were external... rather than going to down detector or a similar external site.  I do like a nice colourful chart to say... look.... its not us.... :)