SfB Meeting Broadcast with external attendees

Iron Contributor

Hello,

One of my users wanted to do some regular broadcast with external persons. For that we need to use "Anonymous" meeting are the two others type of access (Invitation only or All company) is for tenant users only if I understand well.

The issue is that my user would in some case deliver in advance some information before general public release. With anonymous access one of the "normal" attendee can forward the link to someone who was not invited and who will be able to follow the broadcast without any restriction.

Does some of you have the same need and found a solution for that?

The only workaround I found out is to create temporary account within our tenant but it is not managable du to the amount of attendees, the duffusion of credential,  ...

I found related to this need is on Skype Uservoice https://www.skypefeedback.com/forums/299910--recently-released/suggestions/10196901-add-ability-to-r... but no much comments and it is one year old so more or less during SfB Meeting Broadcast preview.

Can someone can help, have idea or have the same problem/need?

Regards

4 Replies

Do you use any type of Rights Management with your email?

Hello Steve,

Unfortunatly not and I am not sure it won't allow to copy/past the link within the mail but I never investigate Right Management system on O365/Exchange.

What I think about since my initial post is to add an intermediate layer/web page asking (and storing) for user name/mail address before showing the broadcast content perhaps with URL redirecting or iFrame (it seems to work) so that attendees will never known the broadcast meeting address except if he ding into web page source code.

I just also found out BRK3270 Ignite 2016 session where it is mentionned on slide 10 "Simpler join for anonymous events". Did someone attend this session and/or have more information about it? Did a preview will be organise and when?

Depending on the modification of the anonymous access perhaps we will investigate the intermediate layer solution.

Regards

Hi, were you ever able to find any solution to this ?

Br

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I don't found any solution. As is was a secondary needing of one of my users we more concentrate on her primary one waiting MS change this (my French MS contact told me near one year ago now that things should change on that point but he can't tell me more).

Sadly, near one year later it sems MS doesn't progress on authantication part of SfB meeting Broadcast. Only see live translation as improvement and the enhancement preview program I am part of doesn't start since his creation (or not with me) :-(.

The only workaround you can do is create O365 account for your external but then you will need to pay  licences, provide password, ... a little too much for this need.

... or use other broadcast tools some are doing great things for external/anonymous authentication