SFB Issue

Copper Contributor

Hi, Just curious to know if others(Companies)are facing the same issues:   Our skype doesn’t stay logged on consistently, its keep logout and login back automatically.It's happening while we on video call or screen sharing or just IMing each other in company. The skype notifications don’t come on phone app sometimes and it’s not getting synced with laptop app.Basically all the devices are not getting synced for SFB conversations.  

25 Replies

Hi Amit,
are you working with an On-Prem deployment or SfB Online?
Thanks
Luca

On-Perm...and also just on adding to that, firewall is not blocking any ports for SFB...

Ok for On-Prem. Could you describe your deployment please?
Standard or Enterprise?
If Enterprise, do you use an Hardware Load Balancer for SIP traffic or DNS Load Balancing?
Thank you.
Regards
Luca

Hi, We have standard and enterprise both, but mostly enterprise.

We dont have any Hardware Load Balancer for SIP traffice not we have DNS load balancing.

Thanks Luca.

Please suggest me something.

Hi,
the logout issue that you have, it's the same if your account is in a Standard Pool or in an Enterprise Pool?
If you have the issue in the Enterprise Pool, this could be relevant.
Let me know
Regards
Luca

Yes Luca,

So here first let me clear, Enterprise Pool means Business enterprise license you are taling about . Correct ?

If yes then, yes we have those licenses and now what we should do to resolve that issue. 

Our remote users, who are working from home with different network, they are also from enterprise pool but they are not having any issue from out of network.

Thanks.

Hi,
no I'm not talking about licensing at all. Standard Front-End Pool are single-server Front-End, Enterprise Pool are 3 or more Front-End server in high availability.
So, I need to understand your Topology to help you :)
Question #1: Standard Pool or Enterprise Pool?
Next questions will came after this very first answer :)
Regards
Luca

Thanks for Clerifying.

We have only one SBS server . So I think we come into Standard Pool.

Hi Amit,
SBS is the Survivable Branch Server (a particular role used only in remote Branch Office).
It works only in conjunction with a Front-End server (Standard or Enterprise) in the Main Site of your deployment, so you have a Front-End, the question is to understand where.
Could you provide a Visio of your topology? This could help me to understand your deployment. Thanks Luca

Hi Luca,

Please find the attched Diagram for our topology.Capture.JPG

Hi Lucas,

Any Update on this?

Hi Amit,
I'm very sorry but these information do not help me to understand your Skype for Business Topology. To help you I need this kind of topology, not network related topology. Are you sure you are not using Skype for Business Online?
Regards
Luca

Hi Luca,

I am sorry for that. We have migrated from Google to O365 in april. So We havent done by our selves. We have vendor to manage licenses and all, also migration was done by some other vendor who set up and change DNS records for SFB .

We are using skype for buisness apps that we have downloaded from portal. This is all I know about SFB.

Frankly speaking, other then this I dont know how to check SFB topology.

Hi Amit,
now the scenario is clear, you use Skype for Business Online, not On-Prem, so let's start from scrach :)
First question: do you have disconection issue if you use SfB on you laptop outside your company network (eg. from home)?

Second question: do you use a proxy?

Third question: have you chacked this KB? This could help you
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2409256/you-can-t-connect-to-skype-for-business-online--or-...

Your issue is very strange, and my first suspect is fw rules or fw application control.
Which kind of fw do you have?
Regards
Luca

Hi Luca,

Hope you are doing well.

There are my answers to your questions.

1) No We haven't seen any discconection issue with our remote users who are working from homw.

2) We dont use any proxy.

3) I Haven't check that article. I am reading it now.

Thanks .

Hi Amit,
well thank you.
1) that's a good info. Fw issue are more probable now.
2) ok
3) Let me know!
Regards
Luca

Amit, Can you share logs from the client. We like to know the reason for disconnection.

MS-Diagnostics-ID would be great to have

How do I get it ?

Hello Amit, please see the following to gather the log file in the Tracing folder for the Skype for Business Client: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Turn-on-error-logs-in-Skype-for-Business-4892fe33-ef40-48e2.... Specifically you want to look at the .UccApilog file with a text editor or Snooper. Snooper is part of the Skype for Business Server 2015 Debugging Tools (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47263).