SfB Client Emergency Location using LLDP on Windows 10

Copper Contributor

Set-CsLisSwitch and Set-CsLisPort.  Do these work?

We've been doing emergency location using Subnet and Wireless Access Point for quite some time now.  No issues.  Recently we've identified a need to be a little more granular on location.  Therefore; we thought we'd attempt to break down the location based on the switch connected to.  And maybe in some other situations the port.  We have LLDP capable switches and ISR's from Cisco.  Turned on LLDP and listened for the lldp broadcasts via wireshark.  Identified the Chassis ID from the broadcasts as well as the port id and type.

We entered these into the LIS using the commands above.  Haven't been able to get it to work.

The following article still claims that LLDP-MED will only work with Windows 8 PCs.  

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/plan-your-deployment/enterprise-voice-solution/net...

I wasn't sure if it was just missed to be updated to support Windows 8 and above.  Or did it really mean that it is only supported on Windows 8.  I built a couple VM workstations, running Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.  

I think I must be missing something somewhere.  But couldn't find an article online where anyone actually has documented and showed it working.

0 Replies