SOLVED

SfB Call Quality Dashboard - What is stream?

Copper Contributor

May I know if anyone could give me some advise?

I feel some confused what is stream..  I know call is made by streams

How about if a 1 to 1 call, how many stream insides?

How if user joins a conference, how many stream?

Thanks

Best Regards

Eriol

4 Replies

@Doug Lawty or @Leonardo Wormull might be able to assist here?

While we are on the CQD subject, when can we get API access to export the data out of it? :)

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hi Eroil,

Streams in SfB Call Quality Dashboard refer to Real-time Transport Protcol (RTP) streams used for sending audio, video, and application sharing content during the call. The number of streams varies depending on the scenario and what type of media is sent.  Here are the numbers for basic audio scenarios.

• There will be two audio streams for a 1 to 1 call between two Skype for Business clients (A calls B). One stream is the audio sent from A to B and the other stream is the audio sent from B to A.

• There will be two streams per participant in a conference (A joins a confernce). One stream is the audio sent from A to the conference server and the other stream is the audio sent from the conference server to A. For example if there are three users in the conference there will 6 audio streams. Note: if a participant joins and leaves the same conference, each time the join they will be creating new streams.

Here is a link to a channel 9 video on Skype for Business singalling and media flows: https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Ignite/2015/BRK4102 that may be helpful.

/william

Many Thanks, I am clear now

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hi Eroil,

Streams in SfB Call Quality Dashboard refer to Real-time Transport Protcol (RTP) streams used for sending audio, video, and application sharing content during the call. The number of streams varies depending on the scenario and what type of media is sent.  Here are the numbers for basic audio scenarios.

• There will be two audio streams for a 1 to 1 call between two Skype for Business clients (A calls B). One stream is the audio sent from A to B and the other stream is the audio sent from B to A.

• There will be two streams per participant in a conference (A joins a confernce). One stream is the audio sent from A to the conference server and the other stream is the audio sent from the conference server to A. For example if there are three users in the conference there will 6 audio streams. Note: if a participant joins and leaves the same conference, each time the join they will be creating new streams.

Here is a link to a channel 9 video on Skype for Business singalling and media flows: https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Ignite/2015/BRK4102 that may be helpful.

/william

View solution in original post