SOLVED

SfB Call Quality Dashboard on Server 2016??

Deleted
Not applicable

Wanted to install the CQD on Server 2016 but hitting the error saying it needs IIS 7 or 8.  Any ideas how to bypass the IIS server version check or when will it support Server 2016?

5 Replies
best response
Solution

Hi Graham

CQD is still not supported on a Windows Server 2016. To skip the prechecks of the CQD installer modify the major version of IIS.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\InetStp\MajorVersion

Value: 8 (instead of 10)

I've tested the CQD portal on a server 2016 lab successfully. 

Andy

Thanks Andy, I will give it a go.

And old thread but I had the same issue here: customer would like to install CQD on Windows Server 2016. The new version CQD for Skype for Business 2019 supports Windows Server 2016 and IIS 10. So no registry hack anymore to install it on actual OS. And totally supported by Microsoft

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57510

Hi Thorsten,

does this mean you had success with deploying CQD (SfB Server 2019) for a SfB server 2015 environment?
The download link says:
"This download works with the following software components:
Microsoft Lync Server 2013
Skype for Business Server 2015
Skype for Business Server 2019"

So even if I have a SfB Server 2015 environment I can use the new CQD version. Any other interpretations?

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul, unfortunately I had some problems with the SQL Analysis Modul and the customer had to reinstall this component. So, hopefully I can give you a feedback in two weeks when we will try once more the implementation of the CQD 2019 in a SfB 2015 environment. But yes, this was my interpretation of download link, too. ;)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

Hi Graham

CQD is still not supported on a Windows Server 2016. To skip the prechecks of the CQD installer modify the major version of IIS.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\InetStp\MajorVersion

Value: 8 (instead of 10)

I've tested the CQD portal on a server 2016 lab successfully. 

Andy

View solution in original post