Select different devices for audio and microphone

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I would like to select 2 differents devices for "output" and "input" on Skype for Business.

It seems Skype for Business force the configuration on one particular device. For instance, if I select the built-in sound card in my laptop, I cannot use the microphone of my webcam.

Did anyone find a way to use a specific speaker output and microphone input that are not the same device ?

Thanks for your feedbacks,

Pierre-Marie

4 Replies

When my default headset is having issues, I switch to the 'Audio Device Settings' and then set the default playback device and the default recording device to different devices (mic on camera and speakers on monitor) by right-clicking on the sound tray icon on the taskbar. I have Windows 10, but it should work in earlier versions. Sometimes I encounter issues when doing that from inside an ongoing call or meeting; sometimes I have to leave and rejoin after changing the settings outside the call itself.

Thank you for your reply.

I already set those settings but Skype seems to ignore them.

There's no signal in the microphone input when I test it from the Skype settings with that configuration as I am require to select one device anyway.

Did you find a solution to this?

@Charlotte_clowes Hi, well sort of, a couple of months after my post, an update was released and fixed my problem. Now, I can select two different devices for output and input in Skype for Business.

Don't you have this update yet ? It should be available to everyone as I am not in a fast channel for update.