Response Groups and Not Ringing a Person in the Group

Iron Contributor

We have have response groups set up for almost two years. Recently, I have started having reports that some people in the group do not get calls to the response group. I confirmed that the response group is set up as parallel routing method. I cannot get the call to go to their phone. I signed on a test phone in my office and the call never rings their phone. However, the other three people in that office their phones ring.

I have tried removing and adding them back to the group. I have tried changing from informal to formal participation policy and it does not work. Currently, I have a group of four people in the group but one person calls to the response group does not work.

Has anyone else had this issue or have any suggestions on what to check? We are hybrid set up. This is the second or third response group where I have had this issue. One other group, I ended up changing them to formal, had the people log into the response group, and they have been working fine ever since (about two months). This group is not working and I am not sure why.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

John

9 Replies

I am also facing the same issue with two response groups. Can any one help me to solve this issue.

Not all of the agents are receiving calls on RG. It works only on Attendant routing method.

@John Haverty wrote:

We have have response groups set up for almost two years. Recently, I have started having reports that some people in the group do not get calls to the response group. I confirmed that the response group is set up as parallel routing method. I cannot get the call to go to their phone. I signed on a test phone in my office and the call never rings their phone. However, the other three people in that office their phones ring.

I have tried removing and adding them back to the group. I have tried changing from informal to formal participation policy and it does not work. Currently, I have a group of four people in the group but one person calls to the response group does not work.

Has anyone else had this issue or have any suggestions on what to check? We are hybrid set up. This is the second or third response group where I have had this issue. One other group, I ended up changing them to formal, had the people log into the response group, and they have been working fine ever since (about two months). This group is not working and I am not sure why.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

John

@John Haverty  This could be response group sync issue between front-ends. I would suggest on each front-end to filter down Skype event logs to "LS Response group service" and check if there are no errors, especially with 'match making.

Next step can be to check connections to Front-ends for the agents using get-csconnections.ps1 script. Run it for the different agents and check against these who receive calls or don't, you should be able to spot a trend, that the ones receiving or not receiving are connected to specific fronted.

Get-CsConnections.ps1 -SipAddress [sip address] -Pool [pool FQDN]
And finally, you can try to restart Response group service on all PCs at the same time run this on all  front-end servers at the same time

Stop-CsWindowsService RTCRGS | Start-CsWindowsService

Of course this will interrupt all response groups for a short period. If that will not help, try to restart problematic front-end that you figured out with "Get-CsConnections.ps1" script.

@Arūnas MalūkasGreat! Thank you for this information. I will run through these and see if I can find what is causing the issue. This is great! I will follow up on what I find or if I have more questions. :)

John

@Muhammed_KuttyMight check what @Arūnas Malūkas shared in this thread. Looks like good information which I am going to try. It is odd how this seems to have started in the past month or two and not for all response groups and not for all agents within those response groups.

John

Usually when I see this it's that RGS Match making data is stuffed.. The simplest fix is to stop the RGS service on all the Skype4B frontends in the pool. (Doing it do it one at a time will just move the matchmaking service from one frontend to another, so stop them all at the same time. this forces a reload of the data from the CMS) 

Otherwise make sure that the user is in the appropriate state for the call. 
https://www.ucmadscientist.com/inforgraphic-user-status-and-response-group-routing-methods/

@James ArberThank you! I have had to reset the service almost daily. Something else must be happening. Still only affecting one person in a group. It works for maybe 30 - 60 minutes after resetting the Skype Ring Response Group service and then stops ringing their phone.

@Arūnas MalūkasI tried the script that you referred me to but I was unable to get it to work. This was the get-csconnections.ps1 script which I loaded, updated for our system, and ran, but it never finds anything even on known working accounts such as my own. Do you have any other information on using the script? I looked around on the site where I got it, but still unable to get it to work.

Thank you both for assisting. Open to any other suggestions.

John

@John Haverty 
I know this thread is old but I'd like to make sure that John got it sorted.

If this is still happening after reloading and regularly it suggests that there might be an issue in the SQL backend.

Do you get any event logs on the FrontEnds for SQL communication issues?

Does Test-CsDatabase -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFQDN (SQL server) and Test-CsDatabase -LocalDatabases (on each front end) Show any errors or missing updates?

@James Arber, thank you! After a restart of the whole system, the issue has not returned. I am guessing you are right that it had something to do with database not refreshing properly. If I see it again, I will check the areas you mentioned.

Glad to see you got it sorted. And thankyou for updating the thread so those seeking for it later can find the fix.

I ran into this a few years back and blogged about it. Even had a Microsoft PFE send it to a customer of mine

https://www.ucmadscientist.com/response-group-calls-not-presented-to-agents-due-to-sql-write-issues-...