Response Group Calls Priority

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible to set priority level to a response Group?
I case that i have many Response Group Calls and i want to handle some calls in priority...

Many thanks

4 Replies

There is no feature like that today but certainly an interesting idea.  Each toaster pop would have which RGS it's for but the user would need to know which one to answer with priority.  A call center like Clarity would have a feature like this.

Richard

Hi,

The SIP procole has a Priority header that defines the priority of a call/message.
Does Skype For Business take considiration of the value of this header before sending the call/message to the response group? (I talk always about Inbound Calls)

In MSDN documentation, i found that this header value is handled by Skype for Business : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398093(v=ocs.16)

If so, I think we can change its value from a SIP Application?

Sami,

I'm not sure you can go beyond the SIP Priorities that are listed there.  That is the CDR information for how calls are processed and then stored in the database for CDR after the fact.  Not during call setup.  For example, I know the the Emergency is used on the client when making an outbound 911 (whatever is defined in location policy) to display it as an Emergency Call in the client.  After the fact it would write to CDR that you made that call with a priority 4.

If it's a high call volume scenario, it would be good to see if any of the attendant console makers have an option to define priority of calls as they come in.  They are already reading the SIP message, etc. in the client.  I don't know any off hand but most of them love adding new features and this might be an interesting one.

Richard

Hi,

Thank you !

You can follow the feeback here : https://www.skypefeedback.com/forums/299913-generally-available/suggestions/19948462-response-group-...

I think we will develop our own multichannel ACD and queues so we can handle the calls in a more flexible way.

Sami,