"Join Button" Missing on Skype for Business Mobile App and on Outlook for random users

Iron Contributor

Anyone aware what all the times that someone miss the Join button on mobile app and outlook? User stated that they are not copy and pasting the URL. We have Meeting Option enabled on mobile so that is not an issue and also some meetings show up. Any issues or bug or anything user doing wrong?

8 Replies

Hi, even I am facing same issue with one user in our company. I see that some skype meetings in SFB mobile app has "join" button and some does not even though they are all SfB meetings. He can join the same meeting successfully from system. Appreciate needful advice. Thank you.

Have the same issue. Some meetings are not showing the 'Join' button on the iOS Skype for Business app, even if they are created in the same way. It seems completely random.

Yup, even the reported case i have right now is from user using iOS SfB mobile app. Strangely when i open the affected Sfb meeting without "Join" button, it takes me to Sfb web app homepage asking to enter meeting details. Please do let me know if anyone was successful in troubleshooting this. I will surely update once i find the fix. Thanks
Any MS can answer this? This this wider now.

That's a tough one to diagnosis.  In the past, this usually means that the Skype metadata that is being added to the meeting invite via the Outlook plugin is being stripped or missing.  Without this metadata the Skype Join Button does not appear.  Typical reasons for this range from when the organizer copy and pastes meeting information from invite to invite (most common) or (less common) where a 3rd party add-on service is stripping it out.

1. My first approach would be to validate that the UC metadata is actually in the affected meeting invite using a tool like MFCMAPI.  If it's missing you'll need to investigate the why.  If you are using Exchange Server ensure that the service is allowing trusted metadata to be received/delivered with federated partner organizations like Microsoft.
  2. If you see the UC and Online Meeting metadata in the "affected" meeting but are still not seeing the meeting join button I would then verify you are on the latest version of the SFB iOS mobile client (6.10) and the SFB PC client (Nov 2016). 
  3. If the problem still exists and 1 and 2 are true then I would open a case with support to get some help.

Take note of any common similarities between the meetings with the missing Join button.  Ask questions like who sent the meeting invite, what version of Office is the organizer using, is the organizer internal or external, etc...?  Keep track of this data and you might find that there is a common thread among the meetings.

"Trust but verify" is my philosophy.  Just because the user "says" they are not copy/pasting the meeting information doesn't mean they are following the correct procedure to create the meeting.

Good luck.

Hi, I'm having a similar issue in Outlook on iOS (iPhone), however on watching a recent session from Microsoft Ignite, it was stated that the feature is being rolled out in phases. So hopefully everyone will get it!

Rolling out something in phases does not mean it works 50% of the time :p

I am facing exact same issue, for some meetings the icon appear and for others it does not and both type of meetings are scheduled by users from my company only not external