SOLVED

Questions on Auto Attendant and Call queues

Brass Contributor

Hi Experts,

One of our customer raised the below queries:

1. How can we transfer a call to an external number from the auto attendant? The external number is to a 3rd party. Currently, we’re only able to select a person in the company, Auto Attendant or Queue.
2. Is it possible to customize which voice is used in the phone system? For example, when a call is being transferred from the auto attendant. What are all the customization options?
3. Is a Fax service included with Office 365?
4. What happens if all call agents in a call queue are set to do not disturb?
5. In Call queue, is it possible to control the email notifications e.g. missed calls, voicemail etc?
6. Is there any way to get visibility of all calls that are currently waiting in the queue?

Any pointers would be of great help. Many thanks in advance.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Erwin Bierens (MVP)
Solution

I will see if I can answer some of your questions.

1. to transfer a call from an auto attendant to an external number, unless you have something in place to prevent those calls from transferring, it should be possible to enter a full number so the call will transfer. I know we are able to do so with our auto attendant set up as I have tested it in the past.
  2. Is this question referring to the auto attendant? It is possible record your own voice, or someone's voice, to play for those greetings instead of the computer generated voice. Is that what you are referring to with this question?
  3. No, fax service is not included with Office 365. For our faxing, we had to use a third party solution called AudioCodes which is a gateway between Skype for Business server and our analog lines. I know some other institutions have gone with eFax or similar for their faxing.
  4. If all call agents are set to do not disturb, it depends on your set up. If this is still referring to auto attendants, it would ring your group of phones and then go to their voice mail or whatever you specified it to do after a certain number of rings.
  5. Each individual person can control whether they receive missed call notices. This is done through the Office 365 settings.
  6. I have not heard of a way to do this with auto attendants, so maybe someone else can respond on this question.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

John

Thank you very much John, I'll share these things with our customer and get back to you if they need more clarity.

Many thanks again.

@John Haverty wrote:

1. to transfer a call from an auto attendant to an external number, unless you have something in place to prevent those calls from transferring, it should be possible to enter a full number so the call will transfer. I know we are able to do so with our auto attendant set up as I have tested it in the past.

Actually no, as an FYI: I've looked at this just now in the S4B console and that's not an option. It was an option in the Exchange UM. Our org has Direct Routing set up for Teams and that does not enable any options. You also cannot assign internal extensions as service numbers.

@SB V 

6. As far as I know, this can only be viewed in PowerShell.

Get-CsCallQueue -Identity "your call queue ID"

the second last entry will display your current queue size:

Statistics : Current queue size = 0

Run Get-CsCallQueue first, without the -Identity parameter to get the All the Call Queues and see their identities.

Hope that helps.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Erwin Bierens (MVP)
Solution

I will see if I can answer some of your questions.

2. Is this question referring to the auto attendant? It is possible record your own voice, or someone's voice, to play for those greetings instead of the computer generated voice. Is that what you are referring to with this question?
  3. No, fax service is not included with Office 365. For our faxing, we had to use a third party solution called AudioCodes which is a gateway between Skype for Business server and our analog lines. I know some other institutions have gone with eFax or similar for their faxing.
  4. If all call agents are set to do not disturb, it depends on your set up. If this is still referring to auto attendants, it would ring your group of phones and then go to their voice mail or whatever you specified it to do after a certain number of rings.
  5. Each individual person can control whether they receive missed call notices. This is done through the Office 365 settings.
  6. I have not heard of a way to do this with auto attendants, so maybe someone else can respond on this question.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

John

View solution in original post