problems with new on - premise web app

Steel Contributor

Has anyone installed the May 2017 SfB Server CU?  I did so last night and tried out the new simplified web app, but couldn't get it to work.  I can connect to meetings, but when I try to connect to audio, video or screen sharing I get a message that "loading the web  app plug in has timed out or failed".  It doesn't work on net or off.  Has anyone seen this same issue?  The old web app works just fine.

4 Replies

By the new simplified web app I assume you're refering to the new Meetings App. I use the new meetings app in place of the previous skype for business web app without any problems - so I'm afraid I haven't experienced the same issue. As you probably know, there's no dependancy on the FE servers when using it other than the redirect to the Microsoft CDN, so it's perhaps worth testing on a non-domain joined machine, resetting IE to default settings, different user etc.... there must be a querky browser related restriction in play somewhere.

Yeah, I've tried it on & off net, in chrome & IE11.  No dice.  I need to look at the log but was hoping someone had some thoughts.  I can chat, but no a/v or screen sharing.

Not much use, but been using it this week on our booth at Microsoft Inspire and no issues at all for voice/video (external Logitech camera).  Worked first time every day.

Same here, works seamless from the begining