Preload presentations and content with Skype for Business on premise

Copper Contributor

The following link indicates you can preload content into SfB AND SfB Online meetings by attaching files to the meeting invite.  I can't find the PowerShell cmdlet to enable this on premise.  Anyone know if this actually works on prem?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Preload-attachments-for-a-Skype-for-Business-meeting-fd3d9f...

13 Replies

Hi David,

Pre-loading meeting attachments (the feature you are posting about) is a feature in Skype for Business Online only.  I apologize for the confusion on this one; I will work with the team to clean this up.

Thanks!

Nick

That's disappointing.  Will it ever be available on-prem?

No, we are not considering this feature for on-prem at this time.  I will share your request with the Engineering Manager for this feature.  If there are any updates, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

Nick

Hi Nick,

do you know if Exchange Online is a requirement for this feature?

Regards

Andre

Any news if this feature will be available on-prem?

Apologies for the late reply on this thread - thank you for your patience.

@Jörg von der Ohe:  there are still no plans for this to go into the on premise product.  I will be sure to update the thread if this plan changes.

@Andre Müller:  I am checking with the Product Owner on this question; I will update this thread when I have an answer.

Hi everybody,

This feature make sense with Skype Room System v2 also, so as customer on promise I can confirm it will be great if engineers could reconsidere this point.

I go to post on skypefeedback for this.

Arnaud

Voted. I hope it goes somewhere!

This is completely unacceptable!!!

I just spent a lot of money :
1) migrate to the last version of Skype for Business
2) buy your room solution (multiple Surface+Smartdocks+...) to avoid to bring pc in meeting rooms.

At the end, the only solution to share content during a meeting is ... "use your PC"! 

Is it a joke ? 

So Microsoft+Logitech = useless solution... a simple desktop do the same job...

Hi Denis,

Another solution for the moment is to connect in the meeting with a Skype for Business client for windows before the meeting and use present a Powerpoint document menu. By this way the document is preloaded on the Skype Room System content menu.

Hope this help

Best regards

Arnaud