Polycom VVX 411 Host login fail - Common area Phone

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

Few random questions regarding common area phone functionality and Skype.

1. I have a Polycom VVX411 setup as common area phone, auto logging on as a hotdesk account in our SfB on-prem environment. I can sign in as a guest user and all works as expected. Problems with this are (a) the sign out button only seems to show up on the lock screen, is there a way of getting it to be one of the main screen options (b) the latest 5.9.1 firmware doesnt even prompt the user to create a lock code when signing in as guest, so no logout button is available anywhere.

2. When a guest users logs in, the time format in the top right of the screen changes to a full month name, meaning its too long and flashes between parts of the date, i thought this was a common format for the phone, not per user.

3. When i sign in as a guest, it asks if i want to log out the host account, if i say yes, it then prompts for extension for guest user, but then if i press exit, it leaves me in a signed out state. There are two options available for Host / Guest, if i press host, it seems to try and sign back in as a the common area account, but sits on a screen saying discovering skype then times out and fails back to a completely unconfigured state... 

Are any of the above normal behaviour, if not am i missing some strange config somewhere.

0 Replies