Number of Conference ID after migration to Skype for Business

Iron Contributor

I have been searching for an error of one customer that contacted me about this issue. When I run the Get-csConferencedirectory I do get 3 different ID's in the same pool.

Is there a way to find out who to delete or merge them all into one conference directory?

Some users are haveing trouble internal to joint conferences, and think that this can be an issue.

5 Replies

Do you mean Skype Online? What error you get? Do you do any SQL clean-up. There are some scripts available to do that. 

Hi Darwin. It'd not Online. It"s onprem. Found this after migration from Lync 2013 to Skype4B

Having more than 1 directory is not inherently a problem, in fact, its loosely recommended to have 1 directory per 999 users. 

However, if people are having join issues, there may be a corruption. Can you try just resetting the conference ID for the users with issues?

thanks

Interested in SfB? - TomTalks Blog: Cloud Connector Edition 1.4.1 with Management Service for Auto-Upgrades

Hi Tom. Any good tips on find what confid (1,2 or 3) that the user is connected to? Is it in the Sql?

It's a bit of a black box, It's not really mapped, but to be honest you don't really need to know if you know who is broken.,

how many users do you have?

how many are broken?

When it's broken, some error does come up in the SSRS CDR error report, but sorry I can't remember exactly which error it was.

If you don't mind the user disruption, just disable everyone for PSTN conferencing, then enable them again, this will usually generate a fresh ID (note this will break and existing scheduled meetings)