Migrate Skype for Business standard to Enterprise Pool

Copper Contributor

Dear Community, 

My Client Current existing skype for business standard pool is planing for deploy enterprise pool. I would like to ask if you have document related to integrate Skype for biz front end standard with enterprise pool and migrate user from standard to enterprise. Welcome all ideas. than

6 Replies
Hi Sokneang Sam There is no direct upgrade path from Std edition to Enterprise, What you can do is create a new enterprise pool in the same topology and you maybe able to move users from Std to enterprise pool. when you move them the external webservices URL will however change for these users and will now be the external webservices URL of the enterprise pool. Best option in my opinion would be to set up an enterprise pool and create a new test user in this pool, make sure everything works for him and if it does then you should just be able to move users from STD edition pool to Enterprise. Might be good to wait and see if anyone else has any better ideas.

Dear Sir, 

Thank for your sharing idea for migrate flow. Right now, i am on testing environment as below:

- Prepare new SQL for Backend database

- Prepare new Front End 

- Install SQL server 2014 enterprise

- Start install new front end and its tool 

but facing some issue during create and publish topologies. new front end alway point to Database at front end standard and i stuck with publish topologies. appreicate if you have similar expericene and document how to. i will try to do it. 

thank with regards,

Hello, I have not done this myself in the past, might be great to see if we get any responses from others in the field who may have done this. The only thing i can think of is that since you CMS is currently still on the std Edi FE it is likely the publish topology after adding the ent pool will still reach out to the std edition FE. have u tried to publish topology from the STD edi FE itself after adding the ent pool?

For SQL make sure you have required port opened (1433) and have rights to write in to SQL database. Question: Where you publishing it from? from your current FE Std server or from new server?

Anas is certainly right, there isnt a way to just change from a Standard Edition to Enterprise Edition, like Windows Anytime Upgrade. The Enterprise Edition Pool will have to be deployed from scratch. I would recommend that you perform the following in-order

1. Install Enterprise Edition
  2. Set-up a Pool-Pairing relationship between the Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition Pool
  3. Verify Backup Status, for all 3 modalities ( Users / Conferences / CMS)
  4. Update DNS records for SRV records, LyncDiscover*, DHCP setting for LPE to the new pool
  5. Move Users
  6.  Move CMS
  7. Move Dial-in conferencing Numbers ( move-csApplicationEndpoint)
  8. Move RGS components
  9. Update Trusted Application Pool Config
  10. Break Pool-Pairing
  11. Remove Standard Edition Server

Hello,

I am worried about step 2. Is it possible to pair a standard edition pool to an enterprise pool? I have read some MS articles and it only mentions that you can only pool pair standard with standard and enterprise with enterprise. Strange i can't find allot of toppics on this matter.

Regards

@Sri Todi