Meeting Limitations

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding meetings in Skype for Business.

1.  What actually happens when your meeting exceeds 250 participants when you are using Skype Online?  I have not been able to locate what happens anywhere.

2.  We recently conducted a meeting where the participants number in the 260-ish range including dial-ins using PSTN, and people using the SfB desktop app.  When we look at the Organizers profile, we see two distinct meetings were created for the SAME meeting.  See the attachment for a visual of what I am talking.  We checked invites of of people who appeared in the different groups, and each had the same link that they clicked on to join the meeting.  What would cause this?

If you have seen this before and know what causes this or have any advice at all, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2 Replies

I think we saw the same behavior - when inviting over 250, the meeting gets split in 2.   Not sure what happens to the 251st participant in the actual meeting, since we didn't have that many attend.

Did it let those above 250 in for you?

The combined total went over the 250 between the two.  But not a one of them exceeded the 250.