Meeting join with iOS SfB app

Copper Contributor

Hi,

since the Nov 2016 cumulative update meeting join with iOS 10 started to work.

Unfortunately, we see with iOS 10.3 beta 1 that, again, meeting join doesn't work. When opening a meeting link in Safari, Safari requests to open the SfB app which works. But the app doesn't offer the options to sign in or to join as guest. The app only shows the login screen and does not start the meeting.

Using iPhone and iPad with iOS 10.3 beta 1 and Lync Server 2013 on-premise with Nov 2016 CU installed.

This post is to let Microsoft know in advance that there might be a change required again. We don't want to wait as long as we had to with the iOS 10 release until the fix was published (2 months?!)

Cheers,

Daniel

4 Replies

Thanks for the heads up Daniel.  It was remarkable how long it took to Microsoft to release a fix for the meeting-join problem after the iOS 10 release.  Really hoping this problem doesn't happen again (or that it gets patched really quickly)

Try with the Feb2017 CU for the server (I cannot do it since I don't have iOS available all the time)

I have a feeling that this particular update has an option to provide a workaround for everytime that happens:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3209567/adds-a-flag-to-the-web.config-file-to-allow-join-la...

Hm, that sounds different from the issue here. And we're still using Lync Server 2013.

But if it would be helpful for you, I can give it a try with the iOS beta for a meeting on your server.

The issue with the iOS I have is the same, but on a Skype for Business 2015.

I forgot that you were using Lync 2013 Server, so the update I mentioned will not work. And I also don't see any references on the latest CU (January 2017). Sorry about that:(