Increase Distribution Group limit to more than 10

Copper Contributor

So I have dug and dug and dug and found out through our Exchange administrators that as of right now if you are not running an on-premise SFB, you can't increase the current hard limit of 10 distribution groups able to be added to your SFB groups list. As well, I was informed that we did put in a ticket to find out how to do this with out cloud SFB and that ticket was closed and stated that the hard limit of 10 was here to stay and there were no future plans to add this functionality in the future. I am very disappointed to hear that we cannot adjust this since we are using the cloud version of SFB.

Am I the only one surprised by this and the fact that it seems like it is such a hard limit set to not allow any leniency? Would love to hear others feedback on this.

2 Replies

Welcome to the cloud :) There are many such limitations, either carried from the on-premises versions or introduced in O365. Usually I'd recommend opening a UserVoice item, but SfBO is "de-emphasized" in favor of Teams, so it's very, very unlikely to get any traction on this.

I completely understand. I haven't spent much time on Teams as from all the things I have been reading it is quite the amazing product. However, it still lacks a lot of functionalities that SFB has. So I haven't tested things out there. I will have to start playing with it more and see what I can come up with in regards to it. I definitely appreciate the feedback.

Although, I do still hope they consider allowing the increasing of this limit until SFB is sunset. I have seen the enhancement request for this and really hope it goes though. :)