How to export Skype for Business conversation history into text or excel format?

Copper Contributor

Hello All,

As I know, the conversation history for Skype for Business is only saved in user's mailbox folder. May I know if there is any way which could export the conversation history into some analytics platform, like text or excel? Thanks!

3 Replies

Hi Eriol

It depends where your SfB infrastructure is located.

To archive your IM's you can use the Exchange Online or Exchange On-Prem. There is an Exchange Cmdlet (New-MailboxExportRequest) to export the conversation folder into a PST file. 

On-Premise

Archive and export from your Exchange Server or use the SQL archiving features. Microsoft delivers an SfB Cmdlet (Export-CsArchivingData) to export the archived SQL data into EML files. You can also build your own script to get this data directly from the database. 

Cheers Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your info. Our infra is in online. So the best we could export is pst file? Will there be any text format? As we would like to do the analytsis based on the conversation history, I have no idea how to do the analytsis based on a pst file so far. Thanks!

Best Regards

Eriol

You can open the PST file in Outlook and start a CSV export. I've seen on google that there are some 3rd Party tools to convert PST into CSV's. 

/Andy