How do you set the "Auditorium" mode for a Skype Meeting Broadcast?

Iron Contributor

During the last Skype Broadcast Series episode (#37), Greg Baribault mentioned there was information out there to turn on "Auditorium mode" for a Broadcast. I was not able to find any technote or posting on how to enable this.

What he referring to the "AudioUsageMode" registry setting or one of the other ones buried under RTC\DeviceSettings , or is this something else?

6 Replies

I don't think there is an actual setting, but there are ways that you can setup a Skype meeting to make it more conducive to a presentation than a collaborative session.   

When you create the meeting, under meeting options, you can specify who joins as a presenter vs. a attendee.   Presenters can share content and control who's in the meeting.

Once the meeting starts, if you are a presentor, you can use the Participant actions to Mute the Auduience (all attendees) and control some other aspects of the experience.

There is also the Skype Meeting Broadcast which is a differene service designed for really large meetings:  https://support.office.com/en-us/article/What-is-a-Skype-Meeting-Broadcast-c472c76b-21f1-4e4b-ab58-3...

Thanks Dan, but I was actually refering to "Skype Meeting Broadcast" specifically, and not to the regular Skype meetings.

HI Alexander - Aware of that post, but it was specifically mentioned in the episode that there can be tweaks made to the Skype DSP to make it better for large rooms/ auditoriums, so was just curious on what that was. Thanks.

Skype Meeting Broadcast - Auditorium mode.pngTranslation service to the rescue :)

I would also like to understand what this means.  Perhaps someone from Microsoft can provide some further information.  I searched TechNet for "auditorium mode", no dice.