HDX RealTime Media Engine for SfB VDI support Skype for Business Online Cloud PBX?

Deleted
Not applicable

Re the XenApp/XenDesktop HDX RealTime Optimization Pack for Microsoft Skype for Business, is it supported for Cloud PBX features?

The system requirements from Citrix are here:

http://docs.citrix.com/en-us/hdx-optimization/2-2/system-requirements.html

Server (backend)

• Microsoft Skype for Business server 2015
  • Microsoft Skype for Business Online(Microsoft Office 365 hosted Skype for Business Server 2015)
  • Microsoft Lync 2013 server – Updated to at least the February 2015 Cumulative Update. Citrix recommends updating to the most recent Cumulative update.

Client (the Skype for Business application installed on the XenApp or XenDesktop server)

• Microsoft Office Professional 2013 with Lync with at least the June, 2016 Microsoft Office Public Updates. Citrix recommends having the latest updates. The client must be configured in native Skype for Business UI mode.
  • Microsoft Skype for Business 2015 stand-alone installer (which can be installed on top of Microsoft Office 2016) version 15.0.4833.1001 or later.
  • Microsoft Skype for Business 2016 version 16.0.7341.2032 or later.

Which include “Skype for Business Online”, but nowhere does it specifically state if this includes “Cloud PBX”, i.e. PSTN telephony in SfB Online.

You could argue that “Cloud PBX” is just a feature of SfB Online (the ability to make and receive PSTN phone calls), therefore it is supported, but I’m looking to confirm it officially.

I’m currently trying to get an official stance but not getting much from anyone at Microsoft or Citrix.

1. Does anyone know the answer? / Have you tested it / Could you test it?
    2. Is this one for Citrix to respond officially?

Many Thanks

Tom

PS I've asked a few people but haven't come up with an official stance yet, if I find the answer I will post it in this thread.

1 Reply

Good news, Microsoft have confirmed it's supported from their POV and they believe Citrix support it too