Grant-CsCallingLineIdentity

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to to use Grant-CsCallingLineIdentity on a Security/distribution group?

There is very little documentation on this command and the only example use i can find is assigning to a single user (Which works). Being able to assign to a group would be infinitly more useful.

Thanks

5 Replies

I haven't been able to find anyhting as well and have experimented with DL's.

Is there a proper usage with this? 

Any info regarding this would be extremely helpful!

If we look at Get-CsCallingLineIdentity -Tenant <TenantID> from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt793856.aspx the description tells us:

Detailed Description

By default, the Skype for Business Online user's phone number can be seen when that user makes a call to a PSTN phone, or when a call comes in. You can create Caller ID policies to change this behavior, and you can use the Get-CsCallingLineIdentity cmdlet to display the existing Caller ID policies for your organization. In the tenant:

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-CsCallingLineIdentity

Identity  : Global

Description :

EnableUserOverride : False

ServiceNumber  :

CallingIDSubstitute : LineUri

BlockIncomingPstnCallerID : False

Identity : Tag:Anonymous

Description : Anonymous policy

EnableUserOverride  : False

ServiceNumber  :

CallingIDSubstitute  : Anonymous

BlockIncomingPstnCallerID : False

Now if we look at Grant-CsCallingLineIdentity

Detailed Description

You can either change or block the Caller ID (also called a Calling Line ID) for a user. By default, the Skype for Business Online user's phone number can be seen when that user makes a call to a PSTN phone, or when a call comes in. You can create a Caller ID policy to provide an alternate displayed number, or to block any number from being displayed; you can then apply the Caller ID policy to a specific user.

The problem here is that the DL's are not a "caller id" it has only an STMP address so from my understanding you can't Grant-CSCallingLineIdentity to this object.

Thank you for the information Leonardo.

I understand the relationship, however it would be extremely helpful to be able to apply a CallerID policy to a collection of users, rather than having to apply single instances.

I'm sure there's a way a script could be created and do a "For each" operation on each of those users, and apply the policy, but it would be extremely helpful management wise if this ability was integrated.

Unfortunately policies are assigned to user objects, but as you suggest get the group members, do a foreach and grant the policy to each user.

I have succesfully implemented this in a maintenance script at some of my customers, so every member of group CLI_Anonymous shows anonymous, members of CLI_+4532720730 shows +4532720730 etc. only drawback is the order of the groups in case a user is member of more than one of these groups.

Hope this helps you

/Kenneth ML

Thanks @Deleted - Please be sure you add this to www.skypefeedback.com so we can formally track your product feedback.