Desk phones and Teams Migration

Copper Contributor

We have several Yealink desk phones. Our upgrade is happening soon and we can't find a clear document on how our SfB phones will work after the conversion.

Will they still function?

7 Replies

@Nicholas Lyle What version are you upgrading to? What Yealink phones do you have?

Our SfB to Teams upgrade@Kruthika Ponnusamy 

Our SfB to Teams upgrade @Kruthika Ponnusamy 

@Nicholas Lyle What phones do you have?

Yealink T46s and t48s

@Nicholas Lyle After updating to Teams, the following features should work with the T46s and T48s phones.
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-Blog/Skype-for-Business-Certified-IP-Phone... 

Good luck. I purchased a native Teams phone from Yealink a couple of months ago to kick the tires and came up as a huge disappointment. So many features that we expected to work simply do not work reliably - and features that we have with Polycom VVX (non-Teams native) phones aren't there. The whole UI for calling is clunky, and contact management sucks, I could go on and on. When I probed the reseller, the word back from Yealink was some bs backpedaling along the lines of, "Oh, these were never really meant to replace a true full featured PBX"...WHAT!? Clearly not ready for prime time.