Deleted call queues on SiP addresses keep showing up in search

Iron Contributor

Now that Call queues can be created using a SiP address rather than requiring a service number I have created some CQ's for temporary use - to support specific events. I have adopted the policy of naming all my call queues  with the prefix CQ so that in search entering CQ will list them. The point being that users can quickly list and then transfer to a CQ. However, when the temporary CQ is no longer required and has been deleted in the SfB admin centre (and no longer shows up there in the call queue's tab in the admin centre) the CQ seems to still persist somewhere in the background and is continues to show up in the search results on the SfB client. Does any body know how to flush these "zombie" call queues out of the system ?? Obviously it would be better if deleting them in the admin portal would fully removed them from the system but in the interim is there a manual way of doing it ? I should point out that it is not the intent to delete the underlying O365 group upon which the CQ is built - just to remove the CQ. 

2 Replies
Did you already try to connect with powershell to Skype for Business Online?
you can use for Queues:

Get-CsHuntGroup |Format-table Name, LineUri

or for the tenant:

Get-CsOrganizationalAutoAttendant |Format-Table Name,LineUris

Thanks Erwin, no I have not got into using the Power Shell yet.  For anybody who is interested I have also observed that when a Group is found in the SfB client the icon shows - as you would expect a group of people. When a Call Queue is found the icon shows a single person. That is helpful for distinguishing what are groups and what are call queues in the SfB search results. Calling a group creates a conference call whereas calling a CQ exhibits CQ behaviour. Obviously you don't want to be accidentally calling the underlying group if you transfer a call - you could be putting the call through to an entire call centre as a conference call. Right now that is pretty easy to do !!! This is most likely to happen when regardless of the options in the Auto Attendant the caller just hits the option for the operator. The operator then attempts to transfer the call to the appropriate call queue but accidentally picks the similarly named group which underlays the call queue. Our single inbound caller now has the undivided attention of all 50 Agents servicing the call queue.  Apart from a careful naming scheme and user education does anybody have a way of preventing this happening.  Given that it is an issue which could disturb the operations of a large call centre it needs flagging.