Crop and Center My Video in Meetings Missing

Iron Contributor

I am using the Skype for Busines 2016 client version 16.0.4717.1000 in a Citrix Xendesktop infrastructure with HDX, but when I look at my video options I do not have the Crop and Center My Video in Meetings Missing. I can do this with the web client. We also have a hybrid enviroment and my user account is homed online with organiser/presenter capabilities. I have aslo tested HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync CropOutgoingVideo, setting the value to 0 and then closing the SfB client and then opening it, but it hasn't helped.

Looks like it should be possible.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-IT-Pro/Camera-feed-not-displaying-in-wide-...

3 Replies

Hi Craig, I have a vague recollection that I saw this same behaviour on a VMware Horizon View VDI environment when the update for 'Crop and Center' was first released - but my memory fails me slightly!

Have you tested by installing the same client version on a thick machine that does not leverage any HDX optimisation, signing in with the same account, and testing that? If that's what you mean by 'web client' then I'll assume you've done that and it works fine (not sure what you mean by web client though?).

If indeed you see the option fine when not using an HDX paired client, I'd assume its a limitation of the way the HDX engine handles video communication (similar to how we're absent of gallery view capabilities in such an environment), although I admit I can't find anything specific to this in their documentation, and I suspect you'd have to ask Citrix directly.

Not an overly useful response I'm afraid, but like I definitely have something in my memory around a similar issue in a VMware environment!

Testing on a workstation and the option is there. Is there anyway to force the client/web cam in a VDI environment to not crop the image any other way?

Anyone come across this issue and resolved it? I have found the below, but the resolution reg keys don't seem to have any affect.

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX132764