Contact records in Skype for Business for previous employees

Brass Contributor

SfB contact.pngHi All,

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Someone asked me this and I thought the crowd may have an answer: What is the expected behavior of a contact record in SfB after an employee leaves.  In the image above, the contact record that is highlighted is of a former employee, and malformed.  Do we expect that this record will fall from the user's list?  Or do we need to curate our own lists?  If it means anything, these contacts were added as part of a mail enabled distribution list.

Thanks!

Joe Cistaro

4 Replies
I think people need to curate your own contact list. A contact object is a contact object regardless if it's internal or external, and being added as part of a distribution list only provides benefit at the bulk-adding stage - it won't drop off automatically if it's showing "Presence unknown" as users have to manage their own contact list.

Thanks for the reply.  I am curious to know what causes the record to no longer show first.last but show as that long alpha-numeric.  Any ideas what is causing that?

This is a valid Question . Can Anyone answer for Joe's Question please. Why it is not removed automatically when an AD Id deleted. Thanks

That number is more than likely the random object identifier that the contact had in the SfB Registrar database. You could probably dig around the SQL database and find it there. Remember, you can disable an AD account and the SfB account will still be active (at least until you revoke the user certificate or it expires).  So that means there are 2 accounts in question here, the AD account and the SfB account in the registrar database.