SOLVED

Contact list issues in Skype for Business Online after domain change (Exchange server is on prem)

Brass Contributor

Hi,

A customer of mine is having contact list issues in Skype for Bussiness Online ever since we changed the domain from "company.onmicrosoft.com" to "company.com". Their contact list is empty and they can't add new contacts.

• They have Bussiness Premium licenses
  • They still have their own Exchange server on prem - and it's using the "company.com" domain for email.
  • I have added the domain to the tenant, made the required DNS changes for Skype for Bussiness and changed the usernames. 

Now the users can login on Skype for Business and send messages using "company.com" - but the contact list seems broken. 

My best guess is that it's related to the Exchange server being on prem - and skype is using exchange server for contact storage? But i've been unable to find information about this online.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Even in the on-prem version of S4B/Lync changing a domain name had all sorts of issues around the contact list. My guess is that you are going to have to take away the S4B license from the user, let the system deprovision the user and then start over with the new domain name. Your only other course of action is to open a ticket with support... but I suspect they will point you in the same direction.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Even in the on-prem version of S4B/Lync changing a domain name had all sorts of issues around the contact list. My guess is that you are going to have to take away the S4B license from the user, let the system deprovision the user and then start over with the new domain name. Your only other course of action is to open a ticket with support... but I suspect they will point you in the same direction.

View solution in original post