SOLVED

Contact cards show phone number that doesn't exist as an attrribute

Copper Contributor

We have a few users whose contact cards are displaying phone numbers that do not exist on their accounts or contacts. These phone numbers did previously exist on their AD accounts but were corrected some time ago.

So far I have confirmed that the number does not exist in an attributes of their AD account (inc. sip address), mailbox or Skype accounts, and does not exist in Outlook contacts. I have also cleared the galcontact.* files from sip profiles, and cleared the entire sip profile but the contact cards on the GAL still display this old number. The corrected numbers display OK, but this old number is displayed as well on a separate line.

Any advice on how to clean up these contact cards would be welcome.

Thanks

Mark

7 Replies

What happens if you on a S4B client removes a users from the contact list, then add again?

Could it be something is cached at the client side?  Tried to delete the S4B userprofile from a comptuer and login again?

Does all the users see these non-existing numbers? Please make sure that user which is seeing wrong data, does not have local contact in Outlook (under People section) with incorrect entries.

Clear the local cache for the user %localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\15.0(16.0)\Lync\

Delete the folder that is named sip:username@domain

What is more you can check which values you use in contact card using ABSconfig tool from Skype for business resource kit tool, this may give you a hint where data comes from.

Yes, tried that. The phone number in question shows in everybody's contact cards whether they are added as a contact or not. and I've tried removing sip profiles

I can't run the absconfig tool at the moment - SQL errors when doing so I need to investigate. However I have checked every attribute of the AD account, mailbox and csuser and can not find the number anywhere, so am still stuck trying to identify where it is coming from

Are you using Outlook/Skype on-prem or Online? If online, did you check the attributes in O365? There may be some data not syncing back to your on-prem AD.

Been there :)

Skype is on-prem, Exchange is currently hybrid. Can't see any attributes online that match either. Thanks for the suggestion though

best response confirmed by Mark Salter (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Found the solution after much searching. We needed to add some address book normalization rules to reflect some of our extension number formats that are different in some locations from our default. Phone numbers then corrected themselves on contact cards

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mark Salter (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Found the solution after much searching. We needed to add some address book normalization rules to reflect some of our extension number formats that are different in some locations from our default. Phone numbers then corrected themselves on contact cards

View solution in original post