Cloud PBX to On-premises PSTN via SfB CCE

Copper Contributor

I don't know if this is the right venue for this type of request/post.

I am in the process of deploying SfB CCE to allow Cloud PBX users to utilize our existing PSTN connectivity. I have been sucessful in routing a call from my PSTN gateway thru CCE to SfB Online, however, I can not compete a call in the opposite direction. I have reviewed logs on the CCE Appliance and the gateway and, with my limitied knowedge, believe the issue is in the TO header. The TO header appears to be missing the target number. I am concerned however that this is by design and I have just never encountered it before.

Here are the headers for the test call:

From: <sip:MediationServer.sfbhybrid.local:5068;transport=Tcp;ms-opaque=105637b0f2750d73>;epid=3CBB68D14B;tag=6b3b3fa822
To: <sip:10.4.50.10>;tag=1BD2820-1499

I would have expected to see somthing like<sip:1234567@10.4.50.10>.

Thoughts?

2 Replies

Hi Michael,

If I understand this correct, You are having Problems with Outbound Dialing with CCE, Meaning SFB online User makes an outbound call to PSTN. In This case the Signalling would ideally work this way

Online User CLient Sends Invite with a To header which will have the Telephone number called in the format To: <sip:+1XXXXXXXXXX@Domain.com;user=phone>, This Invite goes from CLient to Online FE/Director --> Online Edge --> CCE Edge --> CCE mediation --> PSTN gateway

So the To Header that you are seeing should ideally be the same throughout, What logs did you find the To header in the IP format? might be good to check the client log as well for the Outbound Invite to see what is the TO header there and then the incoming Invite into the CCE edge to see what is the To header in that, which should then be carried over to mediation.

Mohammed, your understanding is correct, and thank you for taking the time. The situation was my fault. A configuration error in my firewall was causing the issue. Thanks for your response, it set me on the right path.