Change Language on Skype Room System v 2

Copper Contributor

I can´t find any information on how or if it is possible to change display language for the local "Skype" account on a Skype Room System. I can download a second language when I´m loged in as Admin and change the display language for that account. But I can´t seem to find a way to do it for the "Skype" local account.

Do I need to reinstall my SRS and prepar my ISO with a second language like described in this articel:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/add-language-interface-packs-t...

Will this help or will the "Skype" local account always be installed with English?

14 Replies

Thankfully there is a script for this in the C:\Rigel\x64\Scripts\Provisioning folder on the SRS.

The script is called  applycurrentregionalandlanguage.ps1 and it will set the language of the "Admin" user on the "Skype" user. So the way to do this is:

1. Login on the SRS as Admin.

2. Change display language for the Admin user to your desired language.

3. Run the  applycurrentregionalandlanguage.ps1 script.

4. Reboot your SRS.

Thanks Jens Trier for pointing this out.

I am trying to figure out how to change the language on a Skype Room System v2 3.0.16.0. I can't find the script applycurrentregionalandlanguage.ps1 which is mentioned in this posting.

Do you know if this script has been retired?

Any other known routines for changing the language on the SRSv2?

Thanks,

Simon

Hi, 

Did you get an answer on this matter ?

/Magnus

Try look at  "C:\Users\Skype\ScriptLaunchCache\", worked on 4.0.8.0

Hi,

Works perfect, thank you !

/Magnus

Thanks Marjus, The script found under "C:\Users\Skype\ScriptLaunchCache\" did the trick!

Simon

Unfortunately this did not work for me.
Norwegian display language Win 10 -1703 and Skype Room System 4.0.19.0.
still with US English display language.
Anyone ?
Just used it on 4.0.51.0

Did not change language only time / date format (same script). Did not work at first attempt, but when I ran PS as admin and manually set execution policy before running the script it worked like a charm.

Ran the script and it seemed to work, however when you are in a call the menu language changes back to the original language. On the "front" page/start screen of the Skype Meeting app it is the correct language. Any ideas?

@Martin Malm 

Does anyone know where the equivalent script is for a Microsoft Teams Room system?

I have searched for applycurrentregionalandlanguage.ps1 but is it not found on the system.

I do have the folder C:\Rigel\x64\Scripts\Provision, but in there I have the following 4 scripts:
cert.ps1
FinalSetup.ps1
InstallSkype.ps1
SciptLaunch.ps1

...and 3 XML files and 1 JSON file.

For Teams Meeting Room it's like Skype Room v2 in C:\Users\Skype\ScriptLaunchCache

launch in admin mod and it will work :)

@Martin Malm 

I got anoter solution to change the Language on the SKYPE Account.

-Login as Admin

-set Admin permissions for the Skype User in the computer management

-sign out and log in white skype
-open Tastmgr with strg+alt+del
-open the regedit as a new task
-open the path:   \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\User Profile
and set your Language for Example de-DE in the Key Languages
-reboot
-delete the SKYPE Users admin permissions
One alternative option is to add into logon script a PS command:
set-Culture en-US
Above example switch the language to US. Then you need to reboot the device.

If you want to see what is the current language you could do the same but with PS:
get-Culture | Out-File C:\Temp\Culture.txt
Once more reboot, and read the file.
absolutely PERFECT!