SOLVED

Change default PSTN conference dial-out policy in SfB Online

Copper Contributor

When joining a Skype PSTN meeting, the Skype client asks you if you would like to "Join Meeting Audio" with one of the choices being "Call me at: ...". As long as the organizer has this setting allowed on their profile, the Skype client can call you back.

Microsoft details out how to change these settings in this article. The problem is this is done at the user level, with no mention of how to do this in groups or change the default. They mention a PowerShell command to change all users, but that won't help us for new users unless we set this as a recurring job to run.

The default seems to be to allow International and Domestic dial out for Conferencing and Calls. If a meeting is scheduled by someone domestically, and an international user chooses to be called back, the domestic number would call them and we would be charged at an international rate for that call. We'd like to prevent international users from utilizing this feature to prevent international charges, while still offering the benefit to our domestic users.

I'm trying to figure out a way to change the default policy for users added to SfB Online to only allow Domestic dial-out for Conferencing and Calls. The policy for this is called DialoutCPCandPSTNDomestic. The Global policy, which I assume is the default, for us seems to mimic the policy DialoutCPCandPSTNInternational (see attached screenshot).

How would I go about changing our Global Dial Out policy, or achieving similar results another way?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by JasonAckerman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Unfortunately we don't have the option to set a new default policy, or create custom ones, so your only option is to manually assign the desired built-in policy on all the relevant users. Which can indeed be automated via PowerShell script to make life easier.

Thanks Vasil, our Microsoft reps have confirmed the same. They've made the product group aware, so hoping there will be a few more options in the future.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JasonAckerman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Unfortunately we don't have the option to set a new default policy, or create custom ones, so your only option is to manually assign the desired built-in policy on all the relevant users. Which can indeed be automated via PowerShell script to make life easier.

View solution in original post