SOLVED

CCE on Windows Server 2016 host (Hyper V)

Iron Contributor

My hyper-v host is running windows server 2016 and im attempting to install CCE. I know W2K16 is not supported as yet but i was expecting the CCE .msi installer to work as the CCE host hyper visor requirements seem to be fairly generic. Whilst the installer goes through the motions and completes correctly CCE isnt actually installed correctly and none of the functions are installed.  When i run get-command *-Cc* only the aliases are returned and no functions. Is it possible to get CCE to work on a 2016 host? I intend to install the VM's using a W2K12R2 ISO which is supported but its just the hyper visor where im stuck.

2 Replies

Hello Shawn,  CCE 1.4.2 on Server 2016 has not been tested thus not supported.

I beleive that future release of the CCE will provide support for Server 2016 (Host and VMs)

Regards

best response confirmed by shawn harry (Iron Contributor)
Solution

After unzipping the CCE .msi i found this comment in the "File_ReinstallCcMsi.ps1" script

# CloudConnector module is not automatically loaded in Windows Server 2016 when launch a process to reinstall MSI by the service (not sure if 100% repro)

# Import it explicitly as a workaround for Windows Server 2016

Import-Module CloudConnector -Force

After running this script and then using the -force parameter for the CloudConnector module i'm able to see all the functions. Judging by the comments it would appear the developers antipcated a Windows Server 2016 host. Granted this is unsupported but it may be useful for anyone intending to use 2016.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by shawn harry (Iron Contributor)
Solution

After unzipping the CCE .msi i found this comment in the "File_ReinstallCcMsi.ps1" script

# CloudConnector module is not automatically loaded in Windows Server 2016 when launch a process to reinstall MSI by the service (not sure if 100% repro)

# Import it explicitly as a workaround for Windows Server 2016

Import-Module CloudConnector -Force

After running this script and then using the -force parameter for the CloudConnector module i'm able to see all the functions. Judging by the comments it would appear the developers antipcated a Windows Server 2016 host. Granted this is unsupported but it may be useful for anyone intending to use 2016.

View solution in original post