CCE Backup Strategy

Brass Contributor

hi,

I had install CCE 1.4.1 for my customer, and working fine.  There is a new CCE 1.4.2 but we haven't perform any upgrade yet.  The reason is that in this region, the typical business mindset and practice is to backup the installation before any critical system update.  Any problem during or after update, can be quickly restored from the backup.

I don't have experience in backing up the CCE appliance, and would like to know if there is any recommendations.  Or we are just being too paranoid, and should have 100% faith in the CCE auto update process.

Thank you.

2 Replies

Hi

There is no way to "Backup" the whole CCE. It's quite easy to do a roll-back to 1.4.1.

Because the Auto-Update function installs a complete new set of VM's on the Hyper-V Server. So if something crashes you can do a switch-ccversion and your old Version 1.4.1 is online. So in the end you'll see 8VMs in total (4 VM's per CC Version). When 1.4.3 will be released the oldest one will be removed. 

You've maybe about 15 Minutes off-time during the switch between 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 and vice versa. 

Check the Auto-Update articel from carolyn. Understanding Cloud Connector Update

Cheers Andy

Thank you Andreas, look like auto update is the way to go, would practise it first.