Caller ID Manipulation options

Copper Contributor

I have been asked "If it is possible to set" a more traditional Caller ID with a name of a person or the Company as outbound caller ID.  I see that I can change the individual outbound caller ID numbers to service numbers or other central main numbers.  From my research it isn't possible to set a name as the outbound caller ID in Skype for Business using Microsoft as the service provider.  I have found a 3rd party provider that claims they do it for $0.0048 per query to the database, which could get expensive fast in our busy scenario.

Is there a way to set a name or company name as the outbound caller id that I have missed?

Any information welcomed.

Thanks

1 Reply

Hello

In order to do this your ITSP must be able to register your number in the CNAM database. At the moment I do not believe that Cloud PBX has this capability.

If you are on-prem or hybrid or CCE you may be able to speak to your ITSP to enquire about this. Unfortunately, this will be a carrier feature and even though you could manipulate the TO field in the SIP Invite sent from your SBC the carrier would strip it. But even if they don't, the whole world doesnt yet run on SIP so it wouldn't matter anyway. For this you'd need the CNAM database.

thanks