Caller ID issue

Iron Contributor

Hi there, we've got an issue with multiple tenants/customers with their outgoing callerid.
I've created a new CallingLine identity and assigned them to the users, using PowerShell.

Reason? The customer want’s to use the company’s main phone number for outbound calls. But when making outbound calls to varies Dutch providers, the main phone numbers is’nt showing up, but the personal user number is. When making calls to other Skype for Business users, the main number, does show up.

-I’ve removed the calling plan, and created news one’s but the problem remains.
-When assigning Anonymous callerid, is works perfectly.
-We use PhoneSytem, cloud only with Office 365. So no hybrid environment.

I’ve had contact with Microsoft support and with the Skype for Business porting desk. They both respond the same. The issue is not Microsoft it’s problem, but lies with the CNAM of the Dutch providers. I’ve tested it by making calls to Vodafone, KPN and T-mobile. All gave the same result. Not the main phone number is showing up, but the users personal number.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Microsoft is using Colt Telecommunications, perhaps i need to ring their doorbell...

8 Replies

Hi,

I've no experience with Calling Plans in Netherlands but since you buy the service from Microsoft and not from Colt (Microsoft is the customer to Colt) they should be able to help you. I would normally check the SIP invite sent to the telco but in this case Microsoft sends the SIP INVITE and only they can check it together with their SIP provider (Colt).

Thanks! I will get in contact with Microsoft again, to adress the issue.
Last contact i had, they pointed out to the following url: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/SkypeForBusiness/what-are-calling-plans-in-office-365/more-about-ca...

@Martijn Steffens Did you ever got this problem solved? I'm facing the same issue and I am getting the same answer from Microsoft. 

@Jef Vleugelsnope, not yet. But I might have another contact that might be able to help us out. I will be following up with him end of next week 🤞🏼 as soon as I have interesting news or updates, i'll let you know!

T@Martijn Steffens Thank you!

@Martijn Steffens 

Hi Martijn any news on this issue, did you manage to solve it?

Hi @barisr, sorry for the delay. 
I've spoken to another Dutch VoIP provider. They did some research.

It comes down to this. They could see, that the autoattendant/service number is visible in the FROM header. But also the usernumber pops up in the SIP message under P-Asserted-Identity.

If we can alter the P-Asstered-Identity. Then we might have a fix. I'm not familiar with this unfortunately. 
I'll create a support ticket with Microsoft, íf this is possible in Teams Cloud Only. On prem/hybrid there are some commands present.

@Martijn Steffens 

Hi Martijn,

Any updates on this? I am also facing this issue here in the netherlands.