SOLVED

Call queue questions

Brass Contributor

Hi Experts,

One of our customer raised the below query:

If we have two users can we use three queues (therefore 5 numbers in total)?

Any help would be of great help.

Many thanks!!.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by SB V (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Also it is not now compulsory to have a service number per call queue. They can work on a sip address and then either an auto attendant or a user can transfer a call to the CQ. So for e.g. if you had 2 users one of whom speaks English and Spanish and the other who speaks English and French you could have an auto attendant which asks whether you want to speak in English French or Spanish. You would then have 3 call queues albeit that the French and Spanish CQ will only have one member (but it will still exhibit call queue behaviour) then both are members of the English CQ. If you name your CQ's "CQ English" "CQ French" & "CQ Spanish" (I prefix all my CQ's with CQ) then when there is an inbound call the operator will get the pop up which will tell them which language to answer the call in. Of course your particular scenario may have nothing to do with languages but it neatly illustrates what you can do.

Thank you very much, Nicholas. It was very helpful.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SB V (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Also it is not now compulsory to have a service number per call queue. They can work on a sip address and then either an auto attendant or a user can transfer a call to the CQ. So for e.g. if you had 2 users one of whom speaks English and Spanish and the other who speaks English and French you could have an auto attendant which asks whether you want to speak in English French or Spanish. You would then have 3 call queues albeit that the French and Spanish CQ will only have one member (but it will still exhibit call queue behaviour) then both are members of the English CQ. If you name your CQ's "CQ English" "CQ French" & "CQ Spanish" (I prefix all my CQ's with CQ) then when there is an inbound call the operator will get the pop up which will tell them which language to answer the call in. Of course your particular scenario may have nothing to do with languages but it neatly illustrates what you can do.

View solution in original post