Call Me At not working

Steel Contributor

Previously my organization relied on the call me at feature for our E3 users that did not have a headset/microphone to join meetings with. We tried to use this feature today and it no longer works. From what I am reading you now want us to purchase an E5 license for this feature. When did this change? Were notifications sent out? This was working for us less than 2 months ago. 

@Lana O'Brien

11 Replies
Do you mean it would call you on a traditional desk or mobile phone?
If so that feature should only work if you have PSTN calling - which E3 does not so I'm surprised this worked for you in the first place.

For the PSTN Call Me at work feature to work we require to have the PSTN Conferencing Subscription from the either the third-party providers or from Microsoft. We can purchase the Microsoft PSTN Conferencing Add-ons for E3 Subscription and then proceed with the usage of the Call Me at work.

It is not mandate to have the E5 Subscription. We only require to have the PSTN Conferencing Subscription from either Microsoft or Third party services.

Not necessarily, as call me for a 1:1 conversation is not using conferencing.

Hello Loryan,

We do not have the feature of Call Me at Work for one on one conversation unless it is an Meet now instant meeting.

With Reagrds,

Satish

We are also experiencing the same dilema.

Initially when we set this up late last year, only the organizer needed a MS PSTN license and the system would call any user at a number that they provided. This has since stopped working.

Is the requirement now that BOTH (or all) users require a PSTN license to be able to accept a "Call me at" number?

We are also experiencing the same dilema.

We are an E3 customer and initially when we set this up late last year, only the organizer needed a MS PSTN license and the system would call any user at a number that they provided. This has since stopped working.

Is the requirement now that BOTH (or all) users require a PSTN license to be able to accept a "Call me at" number?

Hello Brian,

For the Call Me at work Feature to work we majorly require only Skype for Business PSTN Conferencing License to be assigned to the user account with an E3 Subscription. I would request you to confirm if assisnging the above license helps in utilzing the Call Me at work feature.

With Regards,
Satish Upadhyaya 

Ok, then that is a change from last year. Only the organizer required an E3 PSTN license.

What happens if an outside O365 user sets up a meeting with a PSTN number and I want it to call me at work? Does that function, or can I only dial in to their bridge?

Yeah Brian the users who are not having the PSTN Conferencing License will not be able to utilize the Call Me at work Feature. It seems Microsoft has certainly made the changes in the infrastructure.

With Regards,

Satish Upadhyaya

Are you confusing PSTN Conferencing (now know as Audio Conferencing) with PSTN calling (now known as Phone System)?  Is there a document anywhere that explains what the exact requirements are for the Call Me At feature to work?

Why does Skype not tell you that you need an additional subscription instead of just failing to connect?