Call Back feature when Skype for Business detects audio quality issues

Brass Contributor

I thought that I read someplace that there was a feature, either released or a roadmap item where: Skype for Business would prompt a user to invoke the "call me at" function if Skype for Business detects audio quality issues.  i.e. participant is in a meeting, and the audio quality is inferior.  Skype for Business detects this and prompts the user "Do you want to join this call from XXX-XXX-XXXX and upon clicking yes, the users receives a call at the number and is joined to the audio channel for the call.

I can't find any reference to this.  Was I dreaming? 

5 Replies

Hello Joe,

Looking at the requirements it looks lyk we would not either able to use the Call Me at work option or we can use the Skype for Business computer audio. In case there is any issue with the computer audio there is no option that we would be able to fall back to Call Me At work.

For the Call me at work option to work for you we would require to have the Microsoft PSTN Conferencing Licenses post which we can utilize the call me at work option in the Skype for Business Client.

With Regrads,

Satish

I have submitted a feature request for this.  I would appreciate your votes on this useful feature.

It already does this. When a call is very bad a yellow bar appears suggesting it calls you back (assuming you have PSTN Conferencing).

Will the service do that proactively if latency, jitter, etc is detected by client? I had thought the yellow bar appeared only when the call actually dropped?
If you put the mouse of over the quality bars it can recommend you get dialled in, but it wouldn't forcibly drop you off a call, it would only recommend.