Building IVR with skype for business

Copper Contributor

Dear,
I've currently an E3 license available.
I'd like to do the following setup :

1. Physical number reachable from POTS
2. Voice prompt with options (IVR)
3. One of the options would be oncall services. This will reach out to two numbers (cellphone). If none is picked up, the message is recorded and send to the email address with the useful information (date, time, message, ...)

How can I implement this and what are the licenses needed?

thanks,

Tim

4 Replies

Hi

Currently IVR options are not available in Skype for Business Online / Cloud PBX. There are call queues in preview, but these are like classic hunt groups. There is an api coming for call queues too i believe where you may be able to develop IVRs on top of them. 

For cloudpbx with PSTN calling you will have to wait until AA is out. If you use CCE with local PSTN breakout you can integrate with 3rd part IVR systems such as FreePBX via SIP.

@Damian Kozlowskiyou mentioned waiting until AA is out, can you give an info on this?

What is AA?

Is it out?

Thank You

Eric

Hi Eric;

AA that Damian referred to is an Auto Attendant where you provide the user with a message and options to press and then be transferred to one of the following:

• Call Queue
  • Operator
  • Person in your company
  • Another Auto Attendant Tree

Currently the AA is in preview and will be made availabe in the coming future.

Once it becomes available you will be able to create a custom Auto Attendant that will send the calls to the locations listed above. In your scenario where it needs to be sent to on call support you will need to setup a SFB user online with CloudPbx/Pstn calling (licenses) and set that user to call forward to their mobile number.

See the below picture:

AA.jpg