Automatic update holidays in AutoAttendant!

MVP

On thursday Microsoft anounced some new features for Auto Attendant in preview.

One of them beeing able to create holiday schedules.

I have created a script that gets holiday dates automaticaly from the web, and creates schedules in Auto Attendant.

Hope you find it usefull. Please leave me any feedback you have.

https://alexholmeset.blog/2017/11/12/automatic-update-holidays-in-autoattendant/

2 Replies

Looking for a script to add an holiday to  auto attendant with multiple dates. For example, I have a holiday by name Christmas. I need to input multiple date ranges like Start "25/12/2019" -End "26/12/2019" & Start "25/12/2020" -End "26/12/2020"

Second: Looking for a script to update the dates for the same holiday  & lastly need a script to delete specific holiday on an auto attendant. Appreciate your help in advance.

@AlexanderHolmeset 

Thanx we are using this option & evolved it an little bit..

We are (ab)using the holliday's to enabel our user te implement an custom message when the phone Auto attendant is unmanned. (day off for example). We've enhaced the option with

- replace the forms input tot an sharepoint-powerapp input  (runbook action)

- The hollidayname (script) is automaticly renamed  to <username>-<AA-name>- User_input_name
f.a. mbs02-ITdeptAA-sickday

- We've made an an powerapp to controll who can choose which AA, so not everyone can set an holliday for other departments..

The sollution is an great succes... but..

Now we would like to automatic clean up the hollidays in our enviroment.

Idealy once a week an scheduled task to erase all expired "hollidays" .

Do you have any idea how to schedule/ powershell this option?