Auto Attendant - Transfer to Voicemail License Requirements

Copper Contributor

One of the menu options we include in the auto attendants for all of our offices is the ability to leave a voicemail message in a general mailbox. The Exchange-based auto attendant allowed this with a "Leave a voice message for this user". The latest update to auto attendant suggested creating a brand new user and setting them to transfer calls directly to voicemail. We are working on setting this up but are not thrilled about having to pay another license just to transfer to voicemail.

My questions: 

1. Are there plans to add the same transfer to voicemail option that Exchange supported? 

2. What are the minimum license requirements for a user to be available as a transfer option? I tried E1 with Cloud PBX but it didn't work. It seemed that I also had to add PSTN Domestic Calling which is starting to make our voicemail-only user a bit pricey.

3 Replies
Go here and vote for this feature...the more votes the more the developers and program managers will listen:

https://www.skypefeedback.com/forums/299913-generally-available/suggestions/19785292-voicemail-in-sh...

I voted for the feature (did it a while ago but just getting around to respond). I'm working on setting up another office and once again need the transfer to voicemail option. I tried using an E1 user and then added "Phone System". It still seems that this user has to have domestic calling as well even though they will never be dialing out. This is killing me that I have to spend so much money just to be able to transfer to voicemail. I already have another user account for our main line but it has to receive incoming calls so I can't auto-forward all calls to voicemail. This seems like such a basic request and it was available in the Exchange auto attendants. 

Can someone from Microsoft please confirm what the minimum license requirements are? 

They milk every penny out of us.We have to use E5 license just for a voicemail mailbox, it's ridiculous. You can't even forward VMs using regular forwarding rules, we have to use a Flow to  do it.

Build the VM into the call queue and let us forward it to a group or person Microsoft!