Appears offline mode

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello Everybody.

How can I configure an offline mode on skype for business client? On Lync 2013 was possible on regedit, but on skype for business 2016 isn't functional. Or is it? If yes, can you tell how, please?

Thank You

4 Replies
Do you mean the ability to appear Offline while actually signed in?
Usually this is a server-side setting as to whether it is an option for the client or not.
Are you using Skype for Business Server, or Skype for Business Online?

There are a few ways you could do this; but the one that gives consistent results is configuring a client policy which is easy to deploy to users at scale.

You can create a new one, or amend an existing one as below:

Set-CSClientPolicy -identity <Tag:MyPolicyName> -EnableAppearOffline $True | $False

When making an amendment to any client policy you won't see an immediate change in the client. You'll need to wait for CMS Replication to complete, and then sign out and back in again as these changes are pushed during initial sign in.

Skype for Business online may offer you the same featureset; but I've not personally done it.

Yes, I'm using Skype for Business Online. But when I used the Lync 2013 client, I needed to apply these configuration on regedit on Windows: " Reg Add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync" /V "EnableAppearOffline" /D 1 /T REG_DWORD /F ". On 2016 this configuration wasn't possible. :(
Thanks to reply. I use the Skype for Business Online and I need this only support team (3 people).