An unhandled exception was encountered in Conferencing Announcement Service.

Brass Contributor

In a Skype for Business Server 2019 environment, I see this error on the Front-End servers

Log Name: Lync Server
Source: LS Conferencing Announcement Service
Date: 31-03-2020 14:07:43
Event ID: 33126
Task Category: LS Conferencing Announcement Service
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: sfb01.contoso.local
Description:
An unhandled exception was encountered in Conferencing Announcement Service.

Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Time-out interval must be less than 2^32-2.
Parameter name: dueTm
at System.Threading.Timer..ctor(TimerCallback callback, Object state, TimeSpan dueTime, TimeSpan period)
at Microsoft.LiveServer.Cas.CasService.OnTerminationCountdownStatusChangedQueued(Object sender, TerminationCountdownStatusChangedEventArgs eventArgs)
at Microsoft.Ucas.App.Common.QueuedEventHandler`1.Execute()
at Microsoft.Ucas.App.Common.EngineThread.Execute(WorkItem work)
Cause: Internal error in Conferencing Announcement Service.
Resolution:
Restart the service. If the problem persists contact product support.

Users don't report any issues, but has anyone seen this error and know what it means?

15 Replies
same error here.
SFB 2019 on Win2019.
pls post solution if you find it
Same here, also no knowledge of user impact.

I have found this error shows when you call a Competella AgentService queue

@Mike Shivtorov
@domienxylos

Do you use Competella in your environment?

@Claus-Ole Olsen 

No but we are using Anywhere365. I guess that it has to do with the way those products work. They setup a conference for joining agent and caller. In this process they do a certain action which triggers the event. The issue only happens on a Skype for Business 2019 environment and not on 2015.

We have a confirmation of Anywhere365 that there is no user impact but nevertheless this makes a lot of clutter in the event log.

So seems to be a specific "bug" on SfB2019 ?!

@domienxylos 

Competella do the same, setup a conference for queue handling

But your are right, this is only a problem in SfB 2019...

Same issue here. 

Just applied March 2020 CU. 

Using Enghouse Interactive. It uses conferences for call control. Alot of these alerts. 

Same Issue on our environment. We have implemented Luware Callcenter.

@domienxylos 

We also use Anywhere 365 in combination with Skype for Business in our company.
After updating to Skype 2019, we also notice this error in the log.
Is there already a solution for the unsightly behavior?

@Marco1187 the issue is still there. I think we have customers on the last SfB CU with A365 but still experience the explosion in events. We currently filter out the eventid in question.

@domienxylos 

Thanks for your answer. 

I have already worked on this issue a year ago with Microsoft premier support. 

According to microsoft support the fix should be available in CU 4. Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case. I will contact Microsoft again. Maybe now we have a little more attention, because some others have the same problem.

@domienxylos 

Hi, i received the following answer from microsoft support:

"Hello, Good morning! At the moment we receive feedback from many users with this problem. At the moment there is an IcM opened and the production group is aware of this issue. At the moment there is an IcM opened and the production group is aware of this issue"

Let's wait and see when they bring out a hotfix.

Have you or anyone heard further on this?

We're still seeing the same events following update to 7.0.2046.252 Feb 2021 (CU4 HF2), again WinServer 2019 and SFB2019 with Anywhere365 integration as well as Competella as mentioned in the thread.

Thanks
Just for information I got this answer from support

This an acknowledge issue for skype 2019 that occurs when you create a conference through UCMA on a skype 2019 environment and during the following conditions:
• The issue is noticed if we have a NIC card on the FE server, which provides incorrect speed information.
• Bandwidth reported on SDP exceeds 2TBPS
• Previously we engaged our Product Group for assistance after in-depth analysis by the PG, they concluded the issue with the NIC card.
• Time-out interval must be less than 2^32-2 - Indicates that cx has a NIC card for 4TBPS
• Please replace NIC card with 2 TBPS speed on the server and check the behavior

@Claus-Ole Olsen

Thanks, We have the same problem here. SFB 2019 / Win 2019 with callcenter Trio 8.x,

The Front End servers is running on VMware with 10 Gbps NIC... 

The answer from Microsoft is to use "NIC with lower than 2 TBPS". Is it Terabit / second ?? I don't understand.

The customer didn't want to do anything about this error anymore, but yes it is Terabit per second